A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Sunday 23 September 2012

All our Dreams

Good evening lovely ladies!

Hope you've all had a fab weekend! Today the weather has been super dreary here but we all got cheered up with a visit to my lovely Mum's and one of her fab roast dinners! We did make sure we left ourselves a 'pudding pocket' (as my daughter calls it) for my yummy rice/apple meringue :) Sooooo very sweet, but scrumptious all the same! Which actually brings me onto my next card I thought I'd share with you all ...........it's not a pudding, but it's certainly very sweet and scrumptious ;)

I made this card back in June for a lovely friend who was expecting her very first granddaughter!  Well, if there are any Grandparents out there then you'll know what an exciting, amazing, emotional and proud event this is!  She asked for a special card to welcome her baby granddaughter into the world and this is the little creation I made up for her!



This darling little baby is an unmounted rubber stamp from Lili of the Valley and is called "All our Dreams".  I coloured her in with my promarkers and die cut the image using my Spellbinders Lacy Oval.  I punched the papers with my Martha Stewart edge punch and diecut Millie's name using my Cuttlebug 'Hippie Chick' Alphabet dies onto glittered card, then painstakingly adhered each little letter :) The beautiful flowers are from WOC and the little footprint charm I bought from ebay.  I created the little template for her birth weight and date from my PC.



My friend was over the moon when I gave it to her and, more importantly, her granddaughter has a very cute, personal little keepsake of the day she arrived into our little world!

I am extremely honoured and flattered to also add that this card sits proudly in Lili of the Valley Card Inspiration Gallery ........ how excited was I?  I didn't sleep for days .........

Thank you so much for having a peek and all of your lovely comments are so very much appreciated!

Big hugs to you all

7 comments:

  1. love how soft the image is, and that is such a good idea to put the weight on the front of the card ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a adorable card all soft and sweet..perfect hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey, I am so glad that I found your blog, as I love this card and I first saw it on liliofthevalley inspiration page ages ago. Please Tracey can you tell me where you bought your Cuttle Bug Hippie Chick Alphabet dies from, I would like to buy some, but as you probably know they are discontinued.I can't find any on the internet so don't know where to look next. I hope you don't mind me asking you a question on this page. Kind regards, Hugz Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, of course I don't mind you asking and thank you so much for your lovely compliment on my card :) I got the dies from ebay last year - I had a bit of a job finding them even back then I'm afraid. I honestly don't know, apart from popping on ebay from time to time, where you will find them! I'm so sorry I can't be of any more help, Rita :( If I do manage to come across any on my travels around the internet, I'll certainly let you know if you like!
      Hugs, Tracey xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Tracey,thank you for for your reply and offering to look out for the dies for me, it is so kind of you! I think it must be my lucky day today,as I have managed to order the dies on ebay from the USA. I will let you know when I receive them. Thanks again. Happy Crafting, Hugz Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey, I received the dies today ten days after ordering on ebay UK and receiving them from the USA. I am delighted with them! Thanks again for your help, Keeeeep Crafting! Hugz, Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, wow!! How quick is that? I'm so, so pleased you managed to find them and that you're delighted with them :) They're fabulous dies - a bit inconsiderate that they have been discontinued lol!

      Thanks so much for keeping me updated, Rita, and Happy Crafting with your fab, new found dies!

      Hugs, Tracey xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx