A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Thursday 23 October 2014

Saturated Canary - Reader

Good Morning Everyone! 

Today I'd like to share with you all another adorable image from Saturated Canary called Reader.
She is just so beautiful and I had a lot of fun colouring her up and creating a little background for her!  I'm still getting to know my Distress Inks and so, I know the colouring isn't perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with the overall effect :)


I just love the soft feel these DI's achieve and used embellishments to compliment both the image and colours.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the little rolled flower is from The Ribbon Girl and the beautiful Shabby Pearl Rose Organza Trim if from Live & Love Crafts.  The lace was a bargain from Ebay any the little pom pom trim I bought from my local craft shop.  

I decided to create a little book shelf to complete the look - a little fiddly to be honest, but I wasn't going to be beaten!  I folded papers here and there to make the 'books' and 'pages', then added a little 'shelf' made from paper to which i added metal embellishments to the edges.



I typed the sentiment onto Kraft cardstock and distressed the edges.  Thought it was quite apt for the overall theme :)

I would like to enter into the following challenges:

A Random Fan - #16 Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Use a Sentiment
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #58 AG with a Twist - Add some flowers Top 3
Kit and Clowder - October Challenge - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Cheerful/Uplifting Message
Scribble and Scrap - #29 Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Oct 21 - 27 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for popping by today!
Take Care and Big Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. beautiful as always my friend and I am fine hun thank you
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sweetie. I love the colouring...really loving the DI look now, just so beautiful. Fab image, fab layout and brill embellies. And well done with the books! Great attention to detail even though they were fiddly. Brilliant job all round. Fabulous to see you back on the crafty scene.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Tracey this is awesome! Gorgeous image and WOW your embellishments are stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation, your attention to detail is fabulous, I adore your bookshelf complete with books, fiddly it may have been but definitely worth the effort, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is fabulous - love the hair. A cute image and love the little book shelf. A beautifully embellished design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is simply stunning!! Love the colour combo and the amazing book shelf - totally gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card. Love the beautiful embellishments and the coloring is just gorgeous. :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Deborah GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Card!!!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx