A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Flowery Fifty

Hiya all ..... again! Wow! Get me! Two posts in one day ..... I feel a bit like public transport! You can wait ages for it to arrive and then two come along at once!

I nearly didn't blog this card as it's not one of my usual types at the moment but, as the saying goes, variety is the spice of life!  I was asked to make an 8" x 8" card with flowers on so I thought I would literally make the flowers the focal point .... with a few added butterflies (of course).


Firstly, I scored my pearlescent cardstock at diagonals - I have seen a couple of projects using this technique and felt inspired to try it.  I added some sheer ribbon with grosgrain ribbon on top (both from my stash) and attached my diecut greeting.


The beautiful flowers and leaves are all from Wild Orchid Crafts - I purposefully added a couple of carnations as, if google serves me correct, it is the flower for January birthdays ...... I think :)


I added some gems to the greeting and liquid pearls to each cross over point of the diagonals.  I physically had to hold myself back from adding too much more as my intention was to make this card as elegant and simple as I possibly could, but couldn't resist punching and die-cutting a couple of butterflies - well, butterflies DO love flowers don't they!

I would like to enter this card into:

Wild Orchid Challenge 66 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge 11 - Clean and Simple

Thanks so much for popping by and taking a peek! Big hugs,
xx

9 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant card! Absolutely lovely!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,

    I think this is absolutley gogeous, I love it! So elegant! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, the flowers and the butterflies are lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Tracey! I've seen the same card design too! I thought maybe crafters were using a special embossing folder! I really love it, and the pearls make it look so elegant. I'm glad you tried this one yourself! I'd love to do one like this too...some day! HA! Butterflies are awesome!
    RedonkulousDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, love the embossing and pearls. Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers!! This is just gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is amazing! I love all those pearls! Thank you for joining us this week at ABC challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tracey thank you so much for following me you are so kind.
    Biggest Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and I adore how you have arranged the flowers ...fabulous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx