A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Thursday 17 January 2013

Miracle Baby



Hi all, hope you're all keeping warm what with all of the white stuff falling everywhere! Apparently we're in for a big flurry this weekend too!!

Before I show my card I'd just like to share some amazing news with you all .....

My beautiful eldest daughter & son-in-law are, at long last, expecting their second baby!   They already have a gorgeous little boy who is now almost eight years old and they feel absolutely blessed that they have him, however, they sadly lost a baby four years ago and, after months of trying, which ultimately turned into years,  were told that their only hope to fulfill their dreams of having another child was to undergo IVF.  It's been an absolute rollercoaster for us all and they have truly felt every emotion you could possibly feel but, after deciding to go ahead with the IVF in October last year, I am so proud and delighted to tell you that all went as perfect as can be and they are expecting their little miracle baby in July of this year!  My daughter had her second scan today and baby is as bouncy as ever :) Eeeeeek!! Soooo super excited!!!

So, onto my card and today I'm sharing with you all the most beautiful new image created by the very talented Sheryl of Redonkadoodles.  This one is called Pregnancy Glow and I squealed with joy when I saw her!  The timing of this release was absolutely perfect!  I made this card especially to congratulate them on this fantastic news and the very apt sentiment was a free stamp last week from Create with TLC, which I merged with Pregnancy Glow.  


I coloured this gorgeous gal up with my Copics - think I went a bit heavy on the red but hey, I'm still practising with these new markers - am sure I'll get the hang of them soon :)  My copic ingredients are:
Skin:  E00, E11, E21    Cheeks: R11
Hair:  E35, E47, E53 E57
Eyes:  B97, B95, B12    Lips:  R37, R11
Top:  R59, R37 (Copic) & DR7 (Spectrum Noir)
Skirt:  B39, B97, B95


I used some old Christmas backing papers from my stash, added cheesecloth to the back of one of the mats and coloured the cute little feet charm with copics.  Ribbon, brads and chipboard flower were also from my stash and, I've gone copic mad as each of them had a little copic colouring added to them all :) 


I really hope you like my take on this gorgeous image and thanks so much for popping by today and sharing our good news with me!  I would also like to say a massive HELLO to my lovely new followers too - it really does mean so much to me to have you on board :)  

I'd like to enter my card into the following:

By the Cute and Girly - Cute and Girly
Creative Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Make it Girlie
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
The Squirrel and the Fox - Anything Goes

Huge, happy hugs to all :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's wonderful news xxx
    Congratulations lovely, and your card is superb!!
    love that image and sentiment!
    Love,melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Stunning but even better news... Congrats hen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh How fabulous Tracey what super news, congratulations to all , such a wonderful announcement. Your card is fantastic well done Sweetie.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Tracey. What an adorable image. So happy to hear that your daughter is expecting. I pray everything works out for her and baby.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous news!! This is a beautiful card, love everything about it!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! So pretty! Love it!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges. We hope you'll come back again soon
    Jill DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing news! You must be thrilled. I couldn't think of a more perfect image to use on a card for them and this card is wonderful!
    So pleased you could join us at The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a truly gorgeous creation! And such fabulous news too! Smiles.

    Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox... and good luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen -DT.xx

    http://kraftykarens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A true miracle indeed Tracey, and I can't help but feel over the moon that my image came out at such a perfect time for you, and for such a VERY special occasion! You are the perfect example as to why I enjoy drawing digis. This story is so touching! Thanks for sharing it with us! I wish your daughter and her husband all the best! It is such a beautiful card, I just know they will love it! xoxo
    RedonkulousDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx